Associate Professor, PhD
IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langgaards Vej 7
2300 Copenhagen S
Email: cbje at itu.dk
Casper Bruun Jensen has published widely in journals including Configurations, Qualitative Research, S
cience, Technology and Human Values, Social Studies of Science and Sociology of Health and Illness. He is co-editor (with Peter Lauritsen and Finn Olesen) of a Danish introduction
to science and technology studies Introduktion til STS (Hans Reitzel, 2007). With Teun Zuiderent-Jerak he edited a 2007 special issue
of Science as Culture entitled “Unpacking ‘Interventions’
in STS”. A volume co-edited with Kjetil Rödje, entitled Deleuzian Intersections: Science, Technology and Anthropology was published by Berghahn in 2009. You can find a review here. His own work is published
under the title Ontologies for Developing Things: Making Health Care Futures Through Technonology.
In September 2009, Casper organized the Comparative Relativism colloquium featuring key note presentations by Eduardo Viveiros de Castro, Barbara Herrnstein Smith, Isabelle Stengers and Marilyn Strathern. A special issue of Common Knowledge is being prepared on the basis of this colloquium.
In 2010, Casper participated in the GDAT debate, proposing the motion "The task of anthropology is to invent relations". He was also invited key note speaker at The Human and the Social conference held at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo, Japan.
In 2011, Casper is invited speaker for the Science, Scientism, and Anti-Science in the Humanities symposium held in honour of Barbara Herrnstein Smith, held at the Ian Franklin Humanities Center, Duke University.
With Brit Ross Winthereik, Casper is currently involved in a series of research projects entitled Monitoring Movements:Building Partnerships Through Aid Information Infrastructures.
Selected recent publications
- Jensen, Casper Bruun and Brit Ross Winthereik. “Recursive Partnerships in Global Development Aid” in Soumhya Venkatesan and Thomas G. Yarrow (eds.) Differentiating Development. Berghahn Press.
- Jensen, Casper Bruun. “Asymmetries of Knowledge: Virtual Ethnography and ICT for Development”. Methodological Innovations Online. 2010.
- Jensen, Casper Bruun. Ontologies for Developing Things: Making Health Care Futures Through Technology. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. 2010.
- Gad, Christopher and Casper Bruun Jensen. “On the Consequences of Post-ANT.” Science, Technology and Human Values Vol 34. No 6. 2009.
- Jensen, Casper Bruun. “Power, Technology and Social Studies of Health Care: An Infrastructural Inversion.” Health Care Analysis Vol. 16. No 4. 355-74. 2008.
- Jensen, Casper Bruun. “Developing/Development Cyborgs.” Phenomenology and the
Cognitive Sciences (special issue on “Cyborg Embodiment:
Affect, Agency and Responsibility”). Vol. 7 No.
3. 375-85. 2008