Research Lab Manager, at the Pervasive Interaction Technology Laboratory - the pIT Lab
What is the role of the Research Lab Manager?
A bit about who i am and what i have done before ITU and partly still do
location: 2C04 (IT department) / 3A54 - also known as LAB 5 or pITLab
phone: 7218 5126
GnuPG: GnuPG public key
Things happening / worked on.
Paper accepted for IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference 2013, San Jose, USA 2013, IEEEGHTC 2013, to be published, http://www.ieeeghtc.org/
- Here s the bare bones settings for the new cloud mail and calendar. Most of us are being migrated start of december 2012: MailServer settings.
- Finished sensor data portal installation - Installing Thingspeak On Ubuntu 10.0.4 server
- Attending DMD conference, hearing about students research projects, including three takes on "Know more, Use less"
- I held a workshop for the NSRC (Network Startup Resource Center) at the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference, http://ieeghtc.org,
October 22-24, 2012, Seattle,
on "Wireless networks for research, education and humanitarian use".
My contribution on the panel "Connectivity and Communication" focused on the sustainable energy aspect of NREN networking
and is available through the NSRC pages:
all credits & thanks: DZL, Mads Hobye http://www.instructables.com/id/Touche-for-Arduino-Advanced-touch-sensing/
- Research of (not so) new MSCHAPv2 vulnerabilities and their impact on Security of 802.1x/EAP
- Understanding Surface 2 screen burn in (image retention)
- 8 (holi)days at Kabarak University in Kenya, http://www.kabarak.ac.ke/, building networks, LDAP/AD/RADIUS 802.1x Auth, with KENET and NSRC. Visiting Strathmore UNiversity, iHub, GrowthAfrica, and others
- Small project: IRLeds?
- Working on plans for SolarTangibles on, around and inside the ITU building.
- Spending three (holi)days at Tanzania NREN http://www.ternet.or.tz/ , teaching network fundamentals, security and system administration, with NSRC http://nsrc.org
- Curriculum for Arduino Lab - sensors for power and water flows
Slides are here (PDF, 6.4 MB): Attach:Main/Global_inspiration_-_slides_final.pdf
- Continuing work on IPv6 at pITLab, now combining with Wireless Sensor Networks
- Beginning preparation of IPv6 project, to be started officially autumn 2010. Doing groundwork and docs for this.
- Sending out the first in a series of what i call "inspiration bullets", to test interest in relevant global projects that i have been approached with.
- Continuing android work, this time on HTC Legend. Works just as well as the Hero. 
- Spontaneous android rooting session at pITLab: the group successfully rooted HTC Magic and Hero. Using Goldcard/cynagen img way.
"Howto" to be posted.
- Spectrum analyzers arrived ... as expected, it s fairly busy in the 2.4 GHz band .. no wonder with dozens of APs, RFID, Bluetooth BLIP, all at work here.
- Ordering a lot of things for the lab: Arduinos, Androids, Anotos, ...
- Not rocket science, but nice to have: multiple skype instances (i.e. with different user, video, audio) from one pc. preparing this for the GIRI day, 4 June.
- Minister mentions a "cloud lab" at the ITU: "I samarbejde med IT Universitetet har Videnskabsministeriet nemlig allerede igangsat et slags cloud-laboratorium, hvor man nu er i gang med at undersøge barriererne for en effektiv udnyttelse af cloud computing i det offentlige."
- Taking over responsibility for servers, services ... 20100415
- Started in my new role here at ITU on 6 April, 2010. The first week(s) is/are spent listening and learning. I intend to maintain that quality, even later in time ... 20100409