I am on a research sabbatical for the duration of 2016.
I am involved in a number of academic projects at any given time, juggling the three lives of researcher, teacher and administrator.
- -Nord (viking digital storytelling). In collaboration with Camilla Hübbe and Rasmus Meisler, we are investigating the creative possibilities of tablets as a platform for literature. At the moment applying for funding to realize our prototype.
- - Tech-tales. I am working on a series of short stories about different digital technologies, engaging both my own research and other colleagues´ at the IT University of Copenhagen and practising the methodology of research based fiction. The first installment has been published by Digital Creativity in 2015.
- - Facebook and Folktales. In collaboration with Niklas Tarp-Petzke and Anne Isholdt we experimented to find an alternative way to teach and learn about Folktales by using Facebook as a tool for roleplaying and actualizing of literature knowledge. For high school children. Publications coming up.
- - Digital Content Production in primary school. I am part of this project together with other four researchers, (led by Professor Birgitte Holm Sørensen). It is a project financed by the Danish Ministry of Education, where we investigate the effects of setting school children to produce content creatively using digital media. We are working on a book to disseminate our results. Details in Danish here.
- - I will be back to teaching in F2017, probably the course "Digital Media Aesthetics" (MA)
- - I have in 2015 had a great group of master thesis students working on computational thinking, computer game design and programming at primary school level
- - I am part of a group researching the opportunities and challenges of MOOC teaching
- - I am a pedagogic mentor for young scholars (assistant professors) at ITU
- - I serve in the Project Portfolio Management Group of the IT University
- - I was (2014-15) a part of the team involved in evaluating the new subject introduced in Danish High Schools: Informationsteknologi
- - I have recently been part of a working group reforming the Assistant Professors Pedagogic Program at ITU
- - I have led an internal evaluation of ITUs PhD School