What is InC?InC is the Innovative Communication research Group at the IT University of Copenhagen. It focuses on
- design and development of interactive technologies in the contexts of prior and emerging cultures of information
- advanced and innovative communication trends
- historical and rhetorical methods of innovation
Category Archives: Technology
Richard Ling from the Inc group was asked by the New York Times to contribute to an article about the impact of mobile phones on airplanes.
Would you like to know more about GPS, Bluetooth, QRCodes and mobile cameras? and would you like to influence the developments of future tourist information systems?
ITU is involved in a national research project (DANVIFO.dk) in which we are investigating the use of IT in the experience economy. In particular we are investigating and have developed prototypes using mobile technology such as GPS, Bluetooth, QRCodes and the cameras to provide tourist with for example location-based information both indoor and outdoor. In addition to this we are also investigating newer interaction principle such as multitouch screens, eye tracking and Nintendo Wii controllers for enhanced interaction in public places such as museums, kiosks etc.
The project uses Bornholm as a particular case and we are collaborating with several partners in Bornholm who are eager to continue the collaboration with researchers and students from ITU.
Doesn’t this sound interesting?
We are proposing several master thesis projects but are you motivated to challenges within (but not limited to) the following areas:
• Design and analysis of interfaces and homepages on mobile devices
• Development of location-based systems and games
• Employing GPS, Bluetooth, QRCode and cameras in novel solutions aimed at the experience economy.
• New interaction principles using multi touch, eye tracking or Wii controllers
- then don’t hesitate to contact Dan W. Hansen (email@example.com) office 3D08 at any time.
Both Danish and English speaking students naturally are welcome
Andrew Feenberg, Finn Olesen, Even Selinger and Peter-Paul Verbeek are speaking at Roskilde University next thursday, the first of march.
More info here