What is InC?InC is the Innovative Communication research Group at the IT University of Copenhagen. It focuses on
- design and development of interactive technologies in the contexts of prior and emerging cultures of information
- advanced and innovative communication trends
- historical and rhetorical methods of innovation
InC Research Seminars Autumn 08
Plan for autumn 2008 – 1st Thursdays every month, 13-15, room 2A08
Three different seminar types are proposed.
• PhD seminars in which one or more PhD students outline their research agenda, current challenges or problems. It could also be in the format of presenting a contribution to a journal or a conference. The idea is to see the seminar as inspiration for other researchers as well as supplementary supervision and constructive criticism for PhD students.
• Resarch project seminars / conference reports in which one or more project members present the current status or an interesting aspect of a specific research project. It could also be in the format of presenting a contribution to a journal or a conference.
• Guest seminars in which external guests are invited to give a presentation. These could either be from industry or from other research environments. Hot shots or just interesting people.
For all seminars hold that they are open seminars and that external guests are welcome. Introductions and material are uploaded to the InC-blog one week in advance.
Preliminary time schedule and content
11 Sept (postponed from 4 Sept since all Eye-tracking people are away that day).
Resarch project seminar:
Gitte Stald, Lisbeth Klastrup, Jeppe Jensen: DR project
Susana Tosca: fashion in online worlds
Rich Ling: current research ideas / projects
2 Oct PhD seminar: New PhD students in InC and DOIT presenting their research proposal
Tanja Andersen (report from IFA conference + research methodology)
Julie Thiesen (project plan + research methodology)
Martin Tall (project plan + research methodology)
Discussant: Lone Malmborg
6 Nov Conference reports: CHI/NordiCHI 2008
Tomas Sokoler: ipTV paper
Anna Vallgårda: PLANKS: A Computational Composite
Anker Helms: Interface history
Lone Malmborg: Interaction design: Bauhaus manifestos and the substance of style
Discussant: John Paulin
4 Dec Research project / PhD seminar:
Simeon Keates: current research ideas / projects
Sune Johansen: New findings from PhD project stay in US
Tanja Andersen: Report from Epic conference
Javier Lopez: Recent results from the Eye-tracking area
8 Jan Guest seminar?:
Mid Jan Research group seminar? (from lunch to lunch)