Construction of phylogenetic trees
This applet demonstrates a rough prototype implementation of two
algorithms for construction of phylogenetic trees described in the
book Durbin et al: Biological Sequence Analysis, Cambridge University
Press 1998, chapter 7. The applet requires Netscape 4.06 or later, or
MS Internet Explorer 5 or later.
- Press `Build trees' to (re)build the UPGMA and Neighbour Joining
- Edit the fields of the distance matrix (only the lower ones are
editable; the matrix is automatically made symmetric when you rebuild
- Edit the `Sequence count' field and press `New input size' if you
want to change the size of the distance matrix.
- Press `Random data' to fill the matrix with random distance data.
- For security reasons, the `Print tree' button does not work when
the applet is run inside a browser.
Peter Sestoft (firstname.lastname@example.org) 1999-10-01,