DCR Graphs Editor
The DCR Graphs Editor is a graphical editor for designing DCR Graphs.
It is proprietary software being developed by Exformatics, but available free-of-charge for academic and/or non-commercial use.
It has been developed using .NET and will therefor run best on Windows, but should also run on Mac or Linux using Mono.
You can download the latest stable release here or the latest unstable release here. In windows you can just unpack the zip file and run DCRGraphsEditor.exe.
If you're using a Mac, then perform the following steps:
- Unpack the zip file to a location of your choosing
- Install Mono:OSX (You won't need the MonoDevelop IDE.)
- Open a terminal window
- Navigate to the folder where you unpacked the editor
- Execute "mono DCRGraphsEditor.exe"
Process Model Panel
Here you can draw your DCR Graph. General mouse controls are:
- Right click: open a context menu with possible actions at the location of the cursor.
- Left click: select the event under the mouse cursor.
- Mouse drag: 1) while on top of an event: move that event, 2) any where else: move entire process.
Note: To delete events, first make sure no event is selected (left-click in an empty space) and then right-click on the event you wish to remove.
In addition there is a number of keyboard short cuts you can use:
- n: create a new event at mouse position.
- e: add exclude relation from selected event to event at mouse position.
- i: add include relation from selected event to event at mouse position.
- c: add condition relation from selected event to event at mouse position.
- r: add response relation from selected event to event at mouse position.
- m: add milestone relation from selected event to event at mouse position.
- s: nest selected event under the event at mouse position.
The Event Details box
Here you can edit the event label and name, make the event included/excluded and/or pending.
Use the Link Event and Label checkbox if you want a different name and label for your event.
The box in the bottom allows you to select roles for the event. Roles need to be entered in the Process Data Panel, as explained below.
Process Simulation Panel
Here you can simulate your DCR Graph.
- Left click an event to execute it.
- Mouse drag anywhere but over an event to move the entire process.
Process Data Panel
Here you can edit additional information about your process (currently only roles).
Use the left one-column table to add roles to your process.
- New: Start a new process.
- Open: Open a process (from disk).
- Save: Save the current process with it's old name and location.
- Save As: Save the current process with a new name/location.
- Save as Image: Save the current process as a png image (this saves what can be seen in the Process Model Panel).
- Save Execution as Image: Save the current simulation version of the process as a png image (this saves what can be seen in the Process Simulation Panel).
- Enable Node Only View: Enables/Disables hiding of relations in the execution panel.
- (Re)start Execution: (Re)starts execution
- Verify: Verifies the process (using processengine.exformatics.net, so an internet connection is required), showing the results as a message box.