[N.] Jesper [U.] Larsson
NOTE: Since August 2014, I am an associate professor at Malmö University. I teach IT Foundations at ITU as an external lecturer. Other information on this page is still current at the time of writing (October 2014).
Previously: assistant professor, Theoretical Computer
Science section, ITU.
- IT Foundations (Global Business Informatics bachelor program)
- Foundations of Computing – Algorithms and Data Structures
(Software Development and Technology master's program)
- Advanced Algorithms Seminar (Software Development and Technology master's program)
Interests: string algorithms and data structures, suffix trees, data
compression, search engines, database systems, concurrency management, algorithm engineering.
- Doctoral dissertation, Structures of String Matching and Data
Compression, September 1999. (Errata from July 2000.)
- Suffix Trees on Words (with Arne Andersson Kurt Swanson),
- Extended Application of Suffix Trees to Data
Compression, IEEE Data Compression Conference (DCC) 1996.
- The Context Trees of Block Sorting
Compression, IEEE Data Compression Conference (DCC) 1998.
- Off-Line Dictionary-Based Compression
Moffat), Proceedings of the IEEE, 2000.
- Faster Suffix Sorting (with Kunihiko
Theoretical Computer Science, 2007.
- The CAP Theorem Versus Databases with Relaxed ACID
properties (with Lars Frank, Rasmus Ulslev Pedersen, and
Christian Havnø Frank), ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous
Information Management and Communication (IMCOM), 2014.
- Integer Set Compression and Statistical Modeling, technical report,
- Most Recent Match Queries in On-Line Suffix Trees,
Annual Symposium on
Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM), 2014.
- Efficient Representation for Online Suffix Tree Construction
(with Kasper Fuglsang and Kenneth Karlsson), to Symposium on
Experimental Algorithms (SEA), 2014.
Suffix sorting implementation to accompany the paper
Faster Suffix Sorting. The former file is included as
appendix B of Structures of String Matching and Data
Implementation of sliding window suffix tree. Given in
appendix A of Structures of String Matching and Data
hashing. An algorithm engineering project initiated in early 2014,
which aims to implement and evaluate the use of modern hashing
techniques for inclusion in a convenient Java library.
stringology. A repository for Java implementations of suffix trees
and other string algorithms and data structure. At the time of writing
it only contains an
edge-oriented suffix tree, and it will probably be a while before
something else is added.