I am interested in developing and implementing industrial decision support systems that involve hard combinatorial optimization problems. I use these problems as an inspiration to define new hybrid optimization methods in the intersection between computer science, operations research, and analytics. I am particularly interested in understanding how efficient methods developed in computer science for handling logical constraints and discrete decisions like constraint programming, automated planning, binary decision diagrams, configuration, and SAT-checking can be used to improve operations research techniques like mathematical programming and meta heuristics. I am also interested in studying the combinatorial structure of high-profile optimization problems like container vessel stowage and vessel repositioning in order to understand how they can be decomposed efficiently.
Positions and Appointments
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, IT University of Copenhagen.
- Founder and CEO of Optivation.
- Course Manager of Intelligent Systems Programming.
- RealCap: computing accurate container vessel stowage models for revenue management (supported by The Danish Maritime Fund)
- Stowage Planning Optimization: The Last Mile, Invited conference talk, Applications of Optimization, Danish Operations Research Society (DORS), 2017.
- Semi-Automatic Stowage Planning, Invited industry conference talk, Navis World, San Francisco, 2017.
- Introduction to Stowage Planning and StowmanS, R.M. Jensen, Invited talk, Paderborn University, 2017.
- Optimization Based Support of Container Vessel Stowage Planning, Invited talk, Technical University of Denmark, 2016.
- StowManS – A Stowage Planning Optimization Tool, R.M. Jensen, Invited talk, Technical University of Denmark, 2016.
- Optimization Based Support of Container Vessel Stowage Planning, R.M. Jensen, Invited talk, Paderborn University, 2016.
- Ninna Christina Gandrup, Stop al AI-washing nu, KForum, 2017.
- Lars Lønstrup, Danmark er bagud på bigdata, Djøfbladet 20, page 43-45, 2016.
- Henning Mølsted, ITU-forskere: Uvidenhed om business intelligence giver mange fejlinvesteringer, Version2, 2016.